Who we are
Kidlington Kites Netball Club was formed to provide girls and women up to age of 19 years the opportunity to play and enjoy netball, whether socially or competitively. We are based in Kidlington, Oxfordshire, and draw our members from the local area.
Kidlington Kites Netball Club want to make sure all the personal information we have collected about you is safe and secure whether we collect it through our website at kidlingtonkitesnetball.club (“Site”) or from other sources. This Policy set outs our commitments to you, in compliance with and beyond the General Data Protection Regulation (commonly known as the GDPR) and explains how we collect, store and use your personal information.
We have not appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee our compliance with data protection laws, but our Membership Secretary has overall responsibility for data protection compliance in our organisation. If you have any questions about this Policy or what we do with your personal information, their contact details are set out in the "Contact" section below.
Use of Personal Information
We use personal information (including potentially sensitive data) for these purposes:
- To perform the services associated with club membership
- administering your membership application or renewal
- registering your membership of England Netball
- taking payment for membership
- correspondence regarding Club membership or Club activities
- To ensure your safety while at the Club or participating in Club related events
- parent/carer contact details
- record of ongoing health conditions or allergies
- contact details for health professionals
- discussions regarding any injury to assess whether you are fit to take part
- To promote the ethos and expectations of the Club
- photos posted on our website
- Club news
- To comply with legal obligations, for example, regarding working with children or vulnerable adults to comply with our safeguarding requirements
- For the purposes of equal opportunities monitoring
Kidlington Kites do not use your information for commercial marketing purposes.
For some of your personal information you will have a legal, contractual or other requirement or obligation for you to provide us with your personal information. If you do not provide us with the requested personal information we may not be able to admit you as a member or we may not be able to properly perform our contract with you or comply with legal obligations and we may have to terminate your membership. For other personal information, you may not be under an obligation to provide it to us, but if you do not provide it then we may not be able to properly perform our contract with you.
Where you have given us your consent to use your personal information, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, which you may do by contacting us as described in the "Contacting us" section below.
Please note however that the withdrawal of your consent will not affect any use of the data made before you withdrew your consent and we may still be entitled to hold and process the relevant personal information to the extent that we are entitled to do so on bases other than your consent. Withdrawing consent may also have the same effects as not providing the information in the first place, for example we may no longer be able to provide certain member benefits to you.
Personal information that we collect
This section tells you what personal information we may collect from you or hold about you when you apply to join or become a member of our Club.
- Member details: including, Full name, age, Date of birth, Gender, Email address, Postal address, Telephone number(s), School affiliation, Parents names and England Netball affiliation number
- Payment information
- Communications sent to you from the Club
- Your availability for and attendance at matches
- Your relevant qualifications and certifications (coaching, first aid, safeguarding etc.)
- Any grievance or disciplinary information
- Your communication preferences
- System username and password
- Photos and videos
- Your website profile
Special categories of personal information
We may also collect, store and use the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal information regarding you including:
- Relevant information about your health needs
- Relevant information about any learning needs
- Health professional contact information
- Information about any relevant injury
In relation to the special category personal data that we process we do so on the basis that it is given and held with your explicit consent.
Sharing personal information with service providers
We share your information with governing and regional netball organizations (Oxfordshire Netball, England Netball) to allow them to properly administer the sports on a local, regional and national level.
Your data is hosted within our Club database, which is administered as part of a service agreement with our webhosts Hitssports.com.
Your personal information is only shared to the extent needed to run our organisation, or where third parties process information for us. In such circumstances, we will put in place arrangements to protect your personal information. Outside of that we do not disclose your personal information unless we are required to do so by law.
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
How we protect your personal information
Our webhosts use a variety of physical and technical measures to keep your data safe and to prevent unauthorised access to, or use or disclosure of your personal information. Electronic data and databases are stored on secure computer systems and we control who has access to information (using both physical and electronic means). Club Officials receive data protection guidance, and we have a set security practices which they are required to follow when handling personal data.
Our website makes use of HTTPS (HTTP Secure) whereby the communication protocol is encrypted via Transport Layer Security (TLS) for secure communication over a computer network. The website is loaded via HTTPS, represented by the lock icon in your web browser ensuring the transmission is secured with a certificate issued by an official security certificate authority.
Third Party Links
How long do we keep your information?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary and as permitted by applicable laws. We will retain your personal information while we are using it, as described in the section above. If you leave the club, we will archive your record and have the ability to clear personal data on request. After we no longer need to retain your personal information, we will delete it or securely destroy it.
Updating your information and marketing preferences
We want to ensure you remain in control of your personal information. We try to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date.
You are able to control what data we hold on you within our database using your username and password to log into the Site where you can add to or delete data from your personal record.
You can also opt out of receiving messages from us at any time. Kidlington Kites Netball Club does not use your information for commercial marketing purposes.
EU data protection laws afford rights to individuals if we process your data as in context of our activities of the companies that are establishment in Europe and under the definition of the General Data Protection Regulation. These rights are as follows:
- the right to confirmation as to whether or not we have your personal data and, if we do, to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold (this is known as subject access request);
- the right to have your data erased (though this will not apply where it is necessary for us to continue to use the data for a lawful reason);
- the right to have inaccurate data rectified;
- the right to object to your data being used for marketing or profiling; and
- where technically feasible, you have the right to personal data you have provided to us which we process automatically on the basis of your consent or the performance of a contract. This information will be provided in a common electronic format.
Please keep in mind that there are exceptions to the rights above and, though we will always try to respond to your satisfaction, there may be situations where we are unable to do so.